Mold and YOU
How Mold Affects You
Microbial Growth Around You Can Be Dangerous
According to the Center for Disease Control, mold will affect everyone in different ways. Some more or less severe than others. No matter who, though, mold is a problem that needs to be dealt with as soon as it is presented as an issue to begin with. SERVPRO of North Whitfield & Catoosa Counties is trained to help you if you find yourself dealing with mold. We are trained and certified through The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The IICRC is a trains and certifies our employees on internationally recognized industry-standard practices in mold remediation.
What You Can Do
If you suspect mold or microbial growth is in your home follow the instructions in the following link on our page! SERVPRO of North Whitfield & Catoosa Counties is Here To Help!
LARGE LOSS SERVICES
Did you know
SERVPRO of North Whitfield & Catoosa Counties has the capabilities to provide water mitigation, mold restoration and fire restoration for your commercial building quickly and efficiently? Our SERVPRO franchise has approximately 20 employees that will mobilize quickly when you need our services.
Should your commercial building experience a large loss, we can quickly activate more SERVPRO trained teammates from other SERVPRO franchises to help us get your building back in order so that you don’t lose revenue. SERVPRO has mobilization teams that travel across the country as needed to support recovery after large storm or disaster events. These teams are familiar with handling the work that goes into a large loss project and are trained to work as efficiently as possible. In the 24 years our franchise has been in business we have brought the mobilization teams in to help a handful of times. Each time, we have had successful outcomes.
Timely mitigation is the key to controlling damage, downtime and recovery costs. Our crews are available 24/7, 365 days a year. SERVPRO of North Whitfield & Catoosa Counties is dedicated to providing detailed and consistent communication to make our customers aware of job status and progress toward completion.
Emergency Ready Profile
As a homeowner you always want to make sure you have emergency contacts close by in case anything unexpected happens. What if you are a homeowner but also a business owner? I know personally I couldn't imagine the amount of stress! SERVPRO realizes that you might not think about the unexpected things that might happen to your business; flooding, tornado damage, etc.
That's why we have our Emergency Ready Program available to you! Our ERP, Emergency Ready Profile is the best way to reduce business interruption following a disaster, plan for it now! As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile Advantage A no cost assessment of your facility. – This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost. A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. – It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed. A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. – This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action. Establishes your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider. – You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by. Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. – This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money. Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information. – Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.” Give us a call today and set up your ERP!
Fire Equipment YOU Need
Your Property and Fires
Fires and fire damage are common tragedies among homeowners. But, there are ways to lessen the damage. SERVPRO of North Whitfield & Catoosa Counties is Here to Help so fires don’t ruin your warm weather activities. One is having a proper fire extinguisher -- especially, during grilling season. Make sure you follow these rules from our friends at the American Red Cross when it comes to having a good extinguisher:
- Always have more than one working extinguisher in your home.
- Install extinguishers high on the wall and away from any heat sources.
- If an extinguisher doesn’t work on a fire immediately, drop it and get out. Most portable extinguishers empty in 8 seconds.
- Make sure the gauge on your extinguisher is properly charged.
Once you have the right fire extinguisher, always remember PASS:
P- Pull the pin and hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you.
A- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire.
S- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly
S- Sweep the nozzle from side to side.
We hope these tips keep fires and fire damage from your homes. But, if you have fire damage and need SERVPRO, we are always Here to Help.
Are Your Floors Bucking?
According to Wagner Meter,
"Some moisture-related problems are visible to the discerning eye. Primarily, wood flooring problems can occur when the wood expands and contracts. This “wood movement” occurs naturally according to seasonal shifts or when ambient RH levels change in the home. These changes can also present a less-than-desirable change in the appearance of your wood flooring."
If you begin to see signs of your floors shifting, there could be underlying moisture. Failure to act on this moisture could result in structural damage.
Water Damage Specialists
We are water damage restoration specialists and are ready to restore your Fort Oglethorpe home back to pre-water damage condition. We quickly extract the water and then dry your property using state-of-the-art equipment. SERVPRO of North Whitfield & Catoosa Counties uses moisture monitoring equipment to effectively measure and document the drying process to ensure your property is dry.
Large Loss Disasters
In August of 2017, one of the costliest natural disasters in US history struck the Houston area. We were fortunate enough to be asked to respond to those homeowners in need. We have also worked floods and hurricanes in New York, Florida, Louisiana, Colorado, Alabama, Illinois, Missouri, and Georgia among others.
Flood waters, and the restoration of the buildings they affect, are treated the same way as sewage due to the amount of contamination in the water.
If disaster should ever strike in your area, and your home or business is affected, make sure to use a vendor that is an IICRC certified firm, as well as the technicians working on your home are IICRC certified. This will go a long way in restoring your home properly.
Statistics on Business Recovery
- Almost than 40% of businesses never reopen after a disaster. (FEMA)
- 75% of small businesses do not have a disaster recovery plan. (Nationwide)
- 52% say it would take at least 3 months for them to recover from disaster.
- 26% of business owners believed that there was a low likelihood that they or their business would be affected by natural disaster.
The Eastern Kentucky University Department of Safety, Security, and Emergency Management (EKU) has put together a very informative graphic on the subject of business preparedness. The link to that infographic is (HERE).
Here are some statistics cited by EKU's "TOP NATURAL DISASTERS that Threaten Businesses":
- Between the years 2000-2013, natural disasters cost the global insurance industry around $37 billion
- In totality, natural disasters have cost the global economy $2.5 trillion
- 1 in 3 small business owners say they have been personally affected by a storm or extreme weather
- Small businesses, on average, lose $3,000 a day after closing due to a major storm
- 84% of small businesses do NOT have disaster insurance
- Additionally, 71% of owners do not own a backup generator in case of power outage
- On May 18-22 of 2013, Severe Weather caused $3.8 billion in economic loss adding to the total of $16 billion dollars in economic loss nationally for the year 2013.
- Every state in The Southeast is most at risk for Hurricane damage with Texas being the largest target of Natural Disasters in 2013
Tips for Creating a Successful Emergency Ready Plan
- Let the professionals help you. Work with an emergency restoration company for assistance in creating your emergency ready profile.
- Identify and label utility shut-off locations.
- Identify local utility contact information.
- Identify local emergency contact information such as fire, police, and hospital contacts.
- Establish main internal contacts for purposes of employee safety and emergency work authorization.
The SERVPRO Ready Plan is a tool for property managers and owners, both residential and commercial. It allows for the creation of an Emergency READY Profile. Please contact one our Business Development Representative to setup your free Emergency Ready Profile.
Here to Help!
If you have any question, don't hesitate to call SERVPRO!
Esporta Washing System!
SERVPRO of North Whitfield & Catoosa Counties is proud to be one of the first local providers of textile washing services! Thanks to the latest technologies, our team is now able to restore soiled, soot-covered, mold damaged, sewage damaged bedding, clothing, linens, and leather goods. Items once thought to be trash, are now able to be restored and back in your hands in a matter of days!
If you have a fire, we know it can be a difficult time. In addition to your mitigating the damage to your home, let us salvage all of your families memories. Our goal is to make it easier for you to return to your life as it was. Call SERVPRO and let us help to restore your life, "Like it never even happened."
Preventing Kitchen Fires
There’s nothing better than coming home after a long, hot Jackson or Dekalb County summer’s day ready to eat a big supper. Hungrily, you grab a pan, pour some oil, and turn the stove on. Right on schedule, a family member calls to ask about your day and you step outside of the house to talk. After a few minutes, and more than a few goodbyes, you step back inside only to see your entire kitchen is enflamed. You have officially learned the first of many tips SERVPRO would like to give you today on preventing kitchen fires.
- Never leave your kitchen unattended. An out-of-sight kitchen means that the kitchen is not within your control.
- If you have to leave your kitchen, ensure all appliances are turned to off-not just low.
- Wear your hair pulled back, be sure your sleeves aren’t loose or too long, and don’t wear easily flammable garments.
- To prevent any unfortunate spills that could result in disaster, keep your work space clear of kids, animals, and company unless given instructions on what to do.
- Clear your cooking area of any flammable material. Oven mitts, food packaging, towels, and clean your countertops of grease accumulation.
- Double Check all surfaces and appliances before you go to bed to guarantee a good night’s rest.
- Consider taking cooking classes or watching online instructional videos to ensure safe cooking practices.
SERVPRO Is Here to Help!
In some instances you are going to have problems, and preparedness is key. Give your family an escape plan with a designated safe zone outside of your home in case of fire. For when disaster strikes, we here at SERVPRO are here to help you get back into your home (and your kitchen) as soon as possible! Your local SERVPRO is here to ensure you are taken care of quickly and your home truly looks, “Like it never even happened.”
Faster to YOUR disaster
Damage That Can Be Done..
No one likes to think about the possible ails of a disaster attacking your property. SERVPRO wants to help you become more knowledgeable. Understanding the extent of potential damage is key to taking the right steps in getting your property back to pre-damage condition!
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.